Depending on your nationality, a visa may be required to enter Japan.
You can confirm nationals and citizens of countries and regions which are not required to obtain a visa to enter Japan for attendance at 31st ICHSIP at the following web site:
Visa rules are complicated and may change at short notice. You can find further information regarding visas by visiting the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan at:
In case you need a visa to enter Japan, the conference secretaries will provide official documents to obtain the entry visa. Please note that it may take a while to get a Japanese visa after applying at the Japanese Consulate. We advise you to apply for your visa as soon as possible.
Procedure for obtaining your visa
- Fill in and send the Visa Application Form (pdf file / word file) and a photocopy of your passport (the page with passport number, nationality, birth date, place of birth, date of issue and expiry) to us by e-mail (email@example.com) no later than 15 Sep. 2016.
- Confirm that you received the e-mail for your visa application from the Conference Secretary. If not, please let us (firstname.lastname@example.org) know.
- Documents required for your visa application will be sent to you by express airmail.
- Submit a visa application to an embassy consular office by yourself.
- Your visa will be issued in about two weeks to one month.
- A printed form is strongly suggested since a handwritten form often leads to mistakes in the paper work.
- Your name and date of birth have to be the same as ones written in your passport.
If you have any question about a procedure for obtaining your Japanese visa, contact us